If you’re reading this, you’re probably making the decision to stop smoking. Good shout!
Here are some tips to make this happen.
- Pick your quit date. Mark it on your calendar, your phone, wherever. Just make sure you stick to it. You’re more likely to quit if you stop in one go, rather than stopping gradually.
- Use smoking cessation aids. NRT, vapes, pointers to the right medical professionals. We’ve covered everything you need to know and can get you started with the products you need.
- Be aware of your smoking triggers. List them and plan how you’re going to avoid them. Plan what you’re going to do if you’re tempted to smoke.
- Bat the urge away. Stay busy. Exercise. Write that novel. Plan that holiday. See friends and family. The urge to smoke usually creeps in on you in those moments of quiet, so don’t give the urge the opportunity to ruin your hard work.
- Tell people you’re quitting. We’re social creatures after all. If you tell people what you’re planning on doing, you’ll have more motivation to follow it through to the end.